We will no longer be allowing flips, cartwheels or round offs in ALL onstage routines. In the physical fitness competition if you are a dancer we encourage you to wear your dancing attire and you can do “dance moves” at each X however we are not looking for a talent routine. These are modeling events. Gymnastics will only be permitted at the National Finals Talent Competition.
RULES FOR RE-COMPETING:
East Coast USA National Queens are the only title holders that have restrictions on re-competing.
National Supremes and Age Division Winners may not compete in any of the 2014 regional pageants until they give up their title at the 2014 National Finals. National Supremes are also not eligible to compete at the 2014 National Finals. National Divisional Winners may re-compete at the 2014 National Finals ONLY if they are moving up an age division. All National Queens may compete in the Christmas Spectacular Pageant as it’s a specialty pageant separate from the main pageant system.
RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR THE EAST COAST USA PAGEANT
1. Your age will be determined as of the day of the pageant. Proof of age should be available upon request.
2. This is a fair competition judged by qualified judges. All decisions are final.
3. There will be no refunds of entry fees or ad fees, under any circumstances.
4. The pageant staff and directors will not accept responsibility for any typographical errors or omissions in the program book.
5. All savings bonds will be awarded in the cash equivalent. They will be awarded at the conclusion of the pageant. If you are crowned the winner you must stay for photographs or you will not receive your cash award.
6. All questions concerning rules, guidelines or any other pageant information should be directed to the national pageant office (908) 612-8305. Correct information cannot be obtained from any other source.
7. All contestants must give the pageant permission to use their photographs and video footage for publicity purposes in connection with the pageant.
8. All paperwork, entry fees, photos and ad pages are subject to deadlines and due dates. Any contestant who fails to meet the proper deadlines and/or due dates will be ineligible to compete. No refunds will be permitted.
9. The pageant staff is not responsible for any accident, injury or loss during the pageant.
10. Good sportsmanship is essential during competition. The pageant staff will not tolerate any behavior that will in any way tarnish the reputations of the contestants and/or the pageant. If any contestant, parent or guest of a contestant doesn’t conduct themselves in a proper manner or disrupts the pageant in any way, at any time, it will result in immediate disqualification and forfeiting of all prizes, fees, titles, awards, etc.
11. The pageant asks that the parents and audience members refrain from the use of tobacco and alcoholic beverages in and around the ballroom area.
12. There will be no contracts to sign. We encourage our winners to compete in other competitions.
13. No information will be given out concerning who is competing in the pageant or how many contestants are entered. The only way to fairly conduct this type of competition, for everyone involved, in not releasing any information. Thank you for your cooperation in this manner.
14. Anyone arriving late for competition line up during the pageant or going over the excessively over the time limits will be subject to point deductions from each judge.
15. The pageant staff reserves the right to use their discretion when selecting and accepting contestants for any East Coast USA Pageant. Any contestant who has displayed poor sportsmanship at a past pageant or any other pageant may not be accepted as a contestant in an East Coast USA Pageant.
16. Failure to comply with the rules and guidelines will result in immediate disqualification and forfeiting of all prizes, fees, titles, awards, etc.